Established in 1911 by Mr. Joseph O'Regan by offering the service of undertaking, it was the first funeral home in the community.
Mr. O'Regan died accidentally in 1924 leaving his wife, the former Mattie Paradis with eight children and the funeral business. Mrs. O'Regan studied hard and became the first certified woman embalmer in the Atlantic Provinces.
Her son, Guy L. O'Regan, joined his mother in 1935, after having taught school in St-Leonard, Bathurst and Toronto. He returned home to help with the business due to the failing health of his mother, he added an insurance business.
In 1961, he constructed a new funeral home in Grand Falls, and then one in St-Leonard in 1967. Guy's health failed and he died in March 1985.
After Mr. O'Regan's death the business was purchased by Mr. Patrick J. Kavanaugh in 1986, Mr. Kavanaugh had been working for Guy since 1976.
Ground was broken in 1993, for a new funeral home, an eight thousand square foot building. Perched above one of the town's major traffic artery at 515 Everard Daigle Blvd, it serves Grand Falls and surrounding areas, such as Drummond, St-Andre, Bluebell and New Denmark, which is the largest Danish colony in North America.
Our branch funeral home located in St-Leonard, serves the regions of St-Leonard-Parent, St-Leonard and Notre-Dames de Lourdes.
O'Regan's funeral home is independently owned and operated, and is proud to be part of the community.
Our goal is to provide the
families we serve with personal